Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

We're Doing the Bible Book Bop!

A few months ago a friend sent me a link to this You Tube video of Go Fish's song Bible Book Bop.  We love it!  


I picked up their Snazzy album for Big Brother for Christmas so that we would have the song on CD.  Since we started listening to this song, Big Brother has memorized the first five books of the Bible, both Sis and Big Brother know Jude and Revelation and occasionally they will randomly ask things like, "Is Hosea in the Bible?"

I also love the song Saved from the same album:  "I'm saved by grace through faith, oh yeah . . . " What fabulous truth to have pressed into their minds and hearts through song!



Go Fish claims to make "great music for kids that won't drive parents bonkers!"  They live up to their billing for this parent.  The music is fun, upbeat--perfect background for housework or exercise while the kids are around.  

And on a day when I crawl into bed realizing that I've done nothing beyond refill sippy cups and try to get little people to sleep, it reassures me to think that at the very least the kids may have absorbed some truth via musical osmosis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment