Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

And There Were Shepherds: Advent Week 2

I love the words that the angel speaks to the shepherds (of course, in my head it's said in the voice of Linus from Peanuts) in Luke 2:10-11.  They seemed like the perfect words to memorize to help the kids focus on the heart of the nativity.

Adding motions was a huge help in memorizing our Thanksgiving verse, but I was struggling to think of motions for this passage, so we made picture books instead.

I broke Luke 2:10-11 into phrases and found a clip art picture to illustrate each phrase.  I printed out a sheet of pictures for each of the kids and they each cut and glued the pictures onto card stock, on which I had the words of the verse written.

We stapled them together to create the following book:





They loved making and looking at the book and I think it's a good tool to help them memorize (although not as effective as adding motions), but we didn't invest enough consistent time after making it for them to have it memorized well . . . next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment