Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Servant King (Advent Week 3)

For our final activity in our Giving and Serving week of advent, we read "The Servant King" from The Jesus Story Book Bible.  It is the story of Jesus washing the disciples' feet at the last supper from Mark 14 and John 13-14.

This activity was a bit on the fly, but as we finished the story, Jesus' words struck me:  "I am doing this because I love you . . . Do this for each other."   Inspired by this instruction, I offered to wash each of kids' feet.   As I washed Sis' feet in a bowl in the kitchen, I asked Big Brother if he wanted to help and he did.  Then Sis returned the favor and helped as I washed Big Brothers feet.   As we washed, I talked about how Jesus served others and wants us to serve the people around us.



They were both very solemn and serious as they helped wash and dry one another's feet.  It was very sweet!

Of course, a little later I asked Big Brother to help me clear the table and he was totally uncooperative, blowing it off when I tried to tie my request back to the foot washing story.  Oh well . . . we're planting seeds . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment